Wednesday 21 December 2011

tempered dissapointment

As far as 'something's gotta give', it turns out it was the math.  I wasn't ready to write the unit test so I didn't.  I did get my other assignments done though.  I spent many hours at the local library to get it all done.  My local library is only open until 4pm or 8pm depending on the day of the week so it's a bit limiting.  (I used to say I was going to the library until midnight now I wish I could go to the library until midnight.) 
So my third term back is wrapped up and I find myself without deadlines. 
Would you believe I had nothing I had to do this morning (not to be confused with nothing I should do) and so I stayed in bed with my iPhone and caught up on facebook and re-read the other blog I did a couple of years ago when I chronicled our 14-week road trip through Mexico (http://blog.travelpod.com/travel-blog/roadtrip2010/1/tpod.html ) while my children delivered me freshly made cookies and milk.  However, I also logged into my University account and saw my final grades for the two courses I just finished... both are A- which is a bit disappointing.  (Wow, things really have changed ;)
I'm taking next term off so that I can chaperone my son's team on their two training trips in Jan & Feb.  But since I didn't finish the math, I will still have that on my plate - but first some turkey and mashed potatos on my plate, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment