Wednesday 7 March 2012

Procrastination is the nemesis of self-paced

Procrastination is the nemesis of self-paced
In the 'good vs evil' that is my daily life, I battle between procrastination and accomplishment.   I am on the losing side of the bumper sticker, "You can have results or excuses but not both."  And that is why six months into my self-paced math class I am less than halfway done.  Perhaps it's time for a wake-up call.  The last class before Reading Week my teacher asked if I was going to write the Unit Test that day.  "Oh, gosh NO," was my reply because I hadn't studied.  In fact to picture how I had been progressing let me put it into perspective for you.  Picture a bunch of large rocks like you might find on the coast.  Now picture someone walking over those rocks.  How old is the person you're picturing?  How fast (confidently) is this person walking over the uneven terrain?  Now picture an older person.  Notice they have probably slowed down.  Well, that's me working my way over the material in my textbook.  But it's not like I actually have any sort of math handicap so I went for it.  I wrote the test that day.  And I managed an 89%.
So far, one thing I have learned in my math class is that time is an 'independent variable' (READ: x axis) meaning it will continue regardless of my accomplishments and if I want my 'graph' to be on a positive slope, I need to pick up the pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment